Viraday Tablet is a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI), which is used for treating HIV infection. This drug filters out the HIV from the blood, it does not cure the disease but is helpful in preventing AIDS. It comes as a capsule, a tablet, and a solution.
Do not use Viraday Tablet, if you are allergic to any ingredient in emtricitabine; or if you are taking any other prescription or non- prescription drugs. Inform your healthcare provider before using this medicine if :
- You are pregnant, or are planning to become pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
- Tell your doctor if you have any known allergies
- You have had lactic acidosis, or abnormal liver function or liver problems
- You have any kidney problems
- Common side effects of this medicine include dizziness, Abdominal or stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, headache. It may also lead to some other serious side effects such as fever, chills, pain during urination, fatigue, chest pain chest pain, skin discoloration, trouble falling asleep, numbness, burning, or tingling in the hands, arms, feet, or legs, rash, itching, depression, muscle stiffness. Seek immediate medical attention in case you notice any serious side effects or if any mild side effect stays long.
- In addition to its intended effect, Viraday Tablet may cause some unwanted effects too. In such cases, you must seek medical attention immediately. This is not an exhaustive list of side effects. Please inform your doctor if you experience any adverse reaction to the medication. Fatigue Weakness Headache Nausea Diarrhoea Muscle pain Pain Dizziness Depression.